[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] sleep or signal problems

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu @ iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
2002年 10月 5日 (土) 02:57:03 JST

Hi,

I'm trying to run the following simple C program on SCore 4.2.1:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <mpi.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
int r;

r = MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
printf("Sleeping...\n");
r = sleep(10);
printf("Finalizing. Sleep left: %d\n", r);
MPI_Finalize();
return 1;
}

I expect that after the processes are started on nodes, they all sleep for
10 seconds then they finish. On SCore this doesn't happen, the 'sleep'
call doesn't pause execution, instead returns 10 (or whatever number of
seconds I ask for). The man page for sleep(3) suggests that this situation
should occur when a signal which is not ignored arrives.
The same program functions as expected when using MPICH 1.2.2 over TCP.

Could someone shed some light on this ? Have I missed the description of
signals used by SCore MPI (as requested by the MPI Forum) ?

On a larger scale, when I discovered this I was trying to make Global
Arrays work on SCore. I think that this (sleep and/or signal problems) are
affecting starting up of ARMCI (trying to use ARMCI over MPI, not ARMCI
over TCGMSG over MPI). Has anyone got Global Arrays to work on SCore ?
I've seen the messages exchanged on this list in June, but the last one

http://www.pccluster.org/pipermail/score-users/2002-June/000076.html

left things halfway through...

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu @ IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De