[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] non-SCore MPI programs on SCore?

Bernd Hartke hartke @ phc.uni-kiel.de
2002年 5月 9日 (木) 03:24:25 JST

With all due apologies, here is
a stupid beginner's question to all the experts out there:

I have the executable of a commercial program, parallelized with MPI
(or MPICH) - with the straight version, not with the SCore version of MPI.
And I want to run this program on my linuxPC cluster, on which I have
SCore pre-installed (including its own version of MPI). In all ways I have
tried it so far, the system keeps complaining that this is not a SCore
application.

Unfortunately, I do not have the source codes for this program, and I will
not get them, so recompiling it on my cluster (which would presumably
generate a correctly executable program, through the use of the
appropriate libraries - this is the impression I get from the SCore
documentation pages) is not an option.

Therefore: Is there a way to run such a program in SCore?
Or do I have to throw away SCore (or operate around it in some way) to get
this thing running on my cluster?

Any small or large pieces of help are very welcome!

Bernd Hartke

---
Prof. Dr. Bernd Hartke             e-mail: hartke @ phc.uni-kiel.de
Theoretical Chemistry              phone : +49-431-880-2753
Institute for Physical Chemistry   fax   : +49-431-880-1758
University of Kiel                 http://www.theochem.uni-stuttgart.de/~hartke
Olshausenstrasse 40
24098 Kiel
GERMANY