[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] SCore-installation

master.of.brainless.things @ gmx.net master.of.brainless.things @ gmx.net
2002年 6月 19日 (水) 07:06:20 JST

at first we ordered our contacts on the myrinet2k switch like
Mr. Sumimoto (thanks for that hint) said:

       left                                       right
      | node4 node5 node6 node7    xx    xx    xx    xx
label |    15    14    13    12    11    10     9     8

and changed the pm-myrinet.conf to:
0               comp4.cluster.domain            0.15
1               comp5.cluster.domain            0.14
2               comp6.cluster.domain            0.13
3               comp7.cluster.domain            0.12
# 4             %s              0.11
# 5             %s              0.10
# 6             %s              0.9
# 7             %s              0.8

rpmtests with "-dest 1/2/3 -ping" and "-dest 1/2/3 -vwrite"
works now, but
here the output of our stress test:

[root @ frontend etc]# msgb -group pcc&
[1] 30046
[root @ frontend etc]# scout
[comp4-7]:
SCOUT(5.0.1): Ready.
[root @ frontend etc]# scstest -network myrinet2k
Host (comp5.cluster.domain) unreachable.
Host (comp4.cluster.domain) unreachable.
Host (comp4.cluster.domain) unreachable.
Host (comp4.cluster.domain) unreachable.

what is confusing us mostly, is 1 time comp5..., and 3 times comp4,
but nothing else.

in scorehosts.db wasn't a blank line in the myrinet2k config line
(that was just a copy&paste-error). the same with
> comp4.cluster.domain    HOST_0
> network=myrinet2k,ethernet,shmem0,shmem1 group=_scoreall_,pcc smp=2
> MSGBSERV
its in one line, but its 104 lines long. so we even tried with "\"-seperated
splitted lines, but still no effort with stress test.

here some more output:
[root @ frontend etc]# scbutil network --v
myrinet2k
        comp4.cluster.domain
        comp5.cluster.domain
        comp6.cluster.domain
        comp7.cluster.domain
ethernet
        comp4.cluster.domain
        comp5.cluster.domain
        comp6.cluster.domain
        comp7.cluster.domain
shmem0
        comp4.cluster.domain
        comp5.cluster.domain
        comp6.cluster.domain
        comp7.cluster.domain
shmem1
        comp4.cluster.domain
        comp5.cluster.domain
        comp6.cluster.domain
        comp7.cluster.domain
4 values, 4 records found.

we more and more get the idea of an really stupid error in our installation
or configuration. please help us, even if it seems to be a very easy
problem.

Thanks to everyone

Peer Ueberholz and Alexander Golks