New features in SCore 4.1
- Linux Kernel 2.4.9 support (RedHat 7.1)
- Checkpoint/Restart supports disk parity to recover from one host crash
- MPE updated to mpich 1.2.1
Unsupported in SCore 4.1
- Compaq Alpha Processor is unsupported (untested)
- MPICH-SCore driver version 2.0 (ch-score2) is unsupported.
Note that the default MPICH-SCore is version 1.0 (ch-score1).
If you do not know version 2.0, do not worry about this information.
- PM/Agent/UDP is unsupported
- SCore-D scheduling bug (SCore 4.0) and memory leak bug (SCore 4.0.1)
- PM/Myrinet2k is now more stable. Zero-copy communication is now supported in PM/Myrinet2k.
- Checkpointing a process which opens one or more file(s) may not be
- PVM does not work at the moment of this release.
- PM/Ethernet does not work well on 3Com 3C905B Ethernet cards.
- This document is a part of the SCore cluster system software
developed at PC Cluster Consortium, Japan.
Copyright (C) 2003 PC Cluster Consortium.