No subject

Wed Sep 19 17:37:57 JST 2012

them, some with the other. There are of course cards that work well with
both of them, but it's better to just try for yourself...

> So i see that RH73 was installing the tg3.o driver.

Butu did this work fine ? I'm asking because the tg3 driver had its
problems in earlier versions. I don't know if the version that RH included
in the 2.4.18-something kernel was buggy or not...
Please note however that the current updates for RH 7.3 include a 2.4.20
based kernel.

> But my prob - focused on my question �bout the Kernel 2.4.18 /2.4.19 -
> is : can i take the tg3.o module from the RH73 Source and
> put it on the Score Boot Image ?

If the SCore boot image is based on the 2.4.19 that is installed
afterwards, then taking a module from 2.4.18-something would not work.
Only a module from the SCore 2.4.19 kernel might work when copied on the
floppy.

> So i think its easier for me to use the EIT than
> the manual installation mode.

The manual installation mode is not complicated, if I remember well you
only need to run a few commands to compile and then to install the
software. I'v done it several times, I've never used the EIT...

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868