[SCore-users] help: score server installation failed

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Mon Jan 5 13:58:38 JST 2004

In article <002a01c3ced9$a22625e0$b41d7fca at llg4l01p3o9kpn> llg <llg at shao.ac.cn> wrotes:
> (122M bytes are used in /opt partition and 373M free. Total space for /opt is
>  521M.)

To SCore 5.6.1 full install, /opt needs 640 MB.

> installing package score5.6.0-server-5.6.0-2 needs 83Mb on the /opt filesyste
> installing package score5.6.0-pbs-server-5.6.0-1 83Mb on the /opt filesystem
> em
> installing package Omni-openmp-gnu-5.6.0-1 needs 94Mb on the /opt filesystem
> installing package j2re-1.4.2-1 needs 156Mb on the /opt filesystem
>
> It seems that "bininstall -server" wants to install all the components, but t
> he space is not enough.

Yes.

> What should I do to install the server properly?

You can select install rpm on score.rpm directry on SCore CD-ROM.
Please look at:
    http://www.pccluster.org/score/dist/score/html/en/installation/download-binary.html

> If I need to re-install Redhat and Score system for the server, how can I avo
> id re-installing the compute hosts?  In compute hosts, pbs-mom and scouted.ex
> e are started correctly.

Pleese keep following directories and files on the server:
    /opt/score/etc
    /opt/score/setup
    /opt/score/ndboot
    /var/scored
    /etc/exports
And olease execute EIT again, clik "load" and continue eit.
(please look at install guide "Additional Compute Hosts after Setting"
    http://www.pccluster.org/score/dist/score/html/en/installation/eit.html#additional
But you don't need to add compute hosts.)

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa