[SCore-users] SCore Physical memory limit

Deniz Ersoz ersoz at cse.psu.edu
Wed Sep 3 03:53:27 JST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to see the effect of swapping in Score. I want to run three
MG.8.C's (NAS Benchmark) at the same time on an 8 node cluster. Single MG.8.C needs
around 450MB of memory and the nodes in the cluster have 1GB on them. However
I wasn't able to get a logical result yet. First I tried changing queue limits
with the command:

limit queue all memory 300

after i did this I couldn't run anything. Even the first job I submit is
rejected.

then i tried first changing the machine limits as:

limit cluster all memory 1500

then submit thhe jobs with "memorylimit=500" parameter

this way I was be able to run three MG.8.C's at the same time. But this time
it took more than 25 hours to finish all three jobs. This is weird because
single MG.8.C takes around 150 seconds.

Have you got any suggestions that can improve the performance with swapping in
SCore? Or is it normal to get very long execution times?

Thanks,
Deniz Ersoz