[SCore-users] suspending/unsuspending single user jobs

Nick Birkett nrcb at streamline-computing.com
Tue Mar 25 00:08:12 JST 2003

Hi we would like to be able to suspend single users jobs (ie running under
PBS or Sun Grid Engine) and be able to start another job with jobs suspended.
This is so we can suspend parallel queues at certain times of the week to run
large jobs.

We have tried sending the SIGTSTP the the scrun.exe process of a job and this
suspends it. However there is a prblem in starting another job with one
suspended. I have tried restarting the msgbderv but still get error that the
pm device is already opened.

ie I would like to know how to suspend a single user job and close the pm
devices associated with that job so I can run another job using the same
nodes.

Is there a way to do this ?

Cheers,

Nick