[SCore-users] trunking

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 13 21:05:33 JST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Nick Birkett wrote:

> Hardware: 1U dual Xeon 2.6GHz Superservers with onboard dual gigabit.

Are these Intel or Broadcom NICs ? Or something else...

> Each network via its own gigabit switch.

Could you also tell us what switches you use ? This is just to make an
idea as we are probably interested to set up something very similar in the
near future, Myrinet is still expensive for small number of nodes and
Gigabit Ethernet seems to have a pretty small latency with SCore (which is
more important for us more than the increased bandwidth).

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868