[SCore-users] Back to SCore 4.2.1...

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 12 21:03:05 JST 2003

Dear SCore developers and users,

I've given up on the newest version of SCore and went back to SCore 4.2.1
on kernel 2.4.16-based. During the last few days, I've got a better
behaviour from SCore 5.4 - no more node crashes, although I didn't change
anything - but jobs would still stall or stop with "Deadlock detected."
message only minutes after start.

But I'm not writting this to discourage other people from installing SCore
5.4. Instead, I would be very interested to hear from other sites
especially with similar hardware if SCore 5.4 created such problems. I
wouldn't be surprised if our hardware (not renowned for stability Tyan
2460 760MP-based) would actually be part of the problem...

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868