[SCore-users] gm while pm

Rene Storm rene.storm at emplics.com
Mon Jul 7 18:39:45 JST 2003

Dear Score Users,

I would like to know if there is any chance to get gm running on a 5.x.x
cluster (kernel)?

To be more precisely, we would like to use gm_debug and gm_board_info to
get informations which will
help us to analyse hardware and configuration problems (e.g. CRC, PCI
bus speed).
This information could also be necessary to get myricom support.

This means we have to load the gm module, but we don't use modules for
our score installation, so (of course)
we could not unload them at first (e.g. pm_myrinet, pm_shmem).

In my opinion, the gm module wouldn't work while the score drivers block
out the hardware.

Is there a chance to get this programs running without having a new,
"un-scored" kernel installed or
recompiled the "scored" one with pm device support as modules ?

Some magic 'echo "do not use" > /proc/.... '   would be nice. ;o)

Thanks in advance

Rene Storm
emplics AG