[SCore-users] Retrying to connect to scoreboardserver

Atsushi HORI hori at swimmy-soft.com
Sun Jan 12 12:42:05 JST 2003

Hi.

>okay I'm a score newbie... When I typed in the command scout -g pcc I
>get the following message:
>SCBD: Retrying to connect to scoreboardserver (SERVERNAME: 9950).
>
>A few hours ago all worked fine....

Well, check the followings

- check the SCBDSERV environment variable.
  if it is null, check /etc/profile.d/score.[c]sh file. If the
profile files are missing, then you have to set the environment
variable to the hostname as SERVERNAME.

- on the server host, check scoreboard process running
  if not, do "/etc/rc/d/init.d/scoreboard start" to start the
scoreboard server.

----
Atsushi HORI
SCore Developer