[SCore-users] problems with Netgear GA621

Shinji Sumimoto s-sumi at flab.fujitsu.co.jp
Tue Aug 26 09:03:21 JST 2003

Hi.

From: Steffen Loos <loos at rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Subject: Re: [SCore-users] problems with Netgear GA621
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:02:53 +0200 (MET DST)

loos> hi.
loos>
loos> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Shinji Sumimoto wrote:
loos>
loos> >
loos> > Could you check whether the GA621 is works well or not?
loos> >
loos> > The number of irq 0 is something wrong. The number 0 is for system timer.
loos> > Maybe the NIC does not work hardware interrupt.
loos> >
loos> > Could you send us the results of "cat /proc/interrupts" command.
loos>
loos> [steffen at ophelia]# cat /proc/interrupts
loos> 	CPU0
loos>  0:  9805444	XT-PIC timer
loos>  1:     1004	XT-PIC keyboard
loos>  2:        0	XT-PIC cascade
loos>  3:  9230956	XT-PIC eth2
loos>  5:     9759	XT-PIC aic7xxx
loos>  7:   245407	XT-PIC eth1
loos>  8:        1	XT-PIC rtc
loos>  9:  1580244	XT-PIC eth0
loos> 10:       15	XT-PIC aic7xxx
loos> 12:       15	XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
loos> 14:        0	XT-PIC ide0
loos> NMI:       0
loos> ERR:       0
loos>
loos> [The other both 100Mbit-devices work without any problems (normal or
loos> with trunking).]
loos>
loos> The effect with the Interrupt Reaping-option could based on a feature of
loos> the driver called Interrupt-holdoff. My problem is I don't know how I can
loos> disable this. Maybe anyone with some experience of this can help.

Set the flag in /etc/init.d/pm_ethernet as follows:

INTERRUPT_REAPING=off

$ cat
#!/bin/sh
#
# pm_ethernet:  Starts the PM Ethernet driver
#
# Version:      @(#) /etc/rc.d/init.d/pm_ethernet 1.00
#