[SCore-users] Installer Bug

kameyama at pccluster.org kameyama at pccluster.org
Thu Oct 24 10:01:31 JST 2002

In article <3DB6A7EA.D869AE5E at student.anu.edu.au> John Uhlmann <u9915240 at student.anu.edu.au> wrotes:
> Unfortunately, I have encountered another problem.  I share my cluster
> with a lot of other users and getting nodes rebooted causes difficulty.
> Currently whenever I try to run something in the scout environment I
> discover that the PM ethernet devices on my nodes are already opened.
> I've restarted the pm_ethernet service on each node and rebooted the
> server to no avail.

> Is there a way I can fix this without a reboot?

Please check scoreboard server and msgbserv.
Or please use scored multi user mode.

If all user shared same scoreboard server (specified SCBDSERV environment
variable) and scoreboard set to msgbserv entry,
msgbserv locks the host when the user is running scout or SCore program,
and other scout and scrun program don't run.
(If you run msgb, you can known who use this nodes.)

On SCore multi user mode, multiple user can run SCore programs.
If you want to execute multi user mode, please look at
    /opt/score/doc/html/en/reference/scored/start.html

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa