[SCore-users] Best way to increase the stacksize limit on MPI jobs?

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 28 20:54:52 JST 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Nick Birkett wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible for an mpi processes to increase the stack
> size limits ?

No process can increase its own stack size, from what I know. Possibly
root-owned ones might, but this is not the case here.

> ulimit sets the stack size for a shell, so is not probably not what is
> wanted.

On RedHat, the file /etc/security/limits.conf read from PAM is used to set
these values transparently to the user.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868