[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] (no subject)

Shinji Sumimoto s-sumi at bd6.so-net.ne.jp
Sun Jul 7 14:23:15 JST 2002

Hi.

From: neural_shock at e-mail.ru
Subject: [SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:13:19 +0400

neural_shock> hello people. I am novic at using the Score cluster software. and i would like
neural_shock> to know more about it. in particular about pm2 library. especisally about its
neural_shock> abilities to store context of process.
neural_shock>
neural_shock> my questions are simple, i think. here they are.
neural_shock>
neural_shock> 1. if there are in ( pm2 lib ) such capability ( to save task context ).
neural_shock> 2. if the answer on 1st question is 'yes', how may i save it?
neural_shock>

PM supports only network contexts, but does not support process(task)
context. SCore supports checkpointing function in the combination of
PM network context store function and task context store function
provided by SCore-D originally.

About PM network context function. Please refer the "PM 2.1 API":

http://www.pccluster.org/score/dist/score/html/en/man/man3/PM.html

Shinji.
-----
Shinji Sumimoto.