[SCore-users] SCore 5.2

Nick Birkett nrcb at streamline-computing.com
Tue Dec 10 09:31:00 JST 2002

Dear Score users, we are currently using SCore 5.0.1 which is proving a very
reliable and excellent product, and we recommend this currently.

Hopefully we will have an mpich 1.2.4 addition thanks to Mr Kameyama.

We are thinking of moving to SCore 5.2 but there seem to be some bugs
as yet.

There is a problem with mpif90 which we are hoping to fix soon with the help
of SCore developers.

Also I am having trouble compiling SCore 5.2 from source under RedHat 7.3.

For RedHat 7.2 the SCore 5.2 source code compiles fine.

However under RedHat 7.3 there are errors :

In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:65,^M
                 from /usr/include/resolv.h:63,^M
                 from internals.h:23,^M
                 from attr.c:23:^M
/usr/include/libio.h:334: parse error before `attribute_hidden'^M
/usr/include/libio.h:334: warning: data definition has no type or storage
class^M
/usr/include/libio.h:335: parse error before `attribute_hidden'^M
/usr/include/libio.h:335: warning: data definition has no type or storage
class^M
/usr/include/libio.h:336: parse error before `attribute_hidden'^M
/usr/include/libio.h:336: warning: data definition has no type or storage
class^M
make[6]: *** [attr.o] Error 1^M
@

It may be I have some packages missing from RedHat, or may be a
bug with RedHat 7.3 .If anyone can advise I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Nick