[SCore-users] EIT 5 install kernel !!

Nick Birkett nrcb at streamline-computing.com
Thu Aug 22 07:25:52 JST 2002

Hi SCore developers. We are now installing many SCore clusters, but we have a
BIG problem:

The SCore EIT5 vmlinuz and initrd.img are using RedHat 7.2 install kernel
(kernel 2.4.7). Unfortunately this kernel does NOT support the scsi systems
we are using  (e.g latest SuperMicro Xeon servers with Adaptec aic7xxx, and
dpt_i2o)  so we will be unable to use SCore unless this is fixed.

I was wondering if we could have a RedHat 7.3 based  (2.4.18) install
kernel,or, preferably, if the SCore team could tell us how to build an EIT5
2.4.18 vmlinuz and   initrd.img .

I have already  installed RedHat 7.1 and 7.2 using the boot install
kernel from 7.3 so I know this works in principle.

Regards,

Nick