[SCore-users] (no subject)

Rafal Metkowski rafmet at mat.uni.torun.pl
Thu Aug 1 21:05:58 JST 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 neural_shock at e-mail.ru wrote:

> >Because PM/Ethernet uses device driver heavyly to increase
> >performance, some un-stable driver causes problems.
> >
> >Actually, our other user same met same situations, but we do not have
> >3C905B, so we do not have test the NIC.
> >
> >Could you test the other driver
> >http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
> >
> >chage
> >static int max_interrupt_work = 20;
> >#define TX_RING_SIZE	16
> >#define TX_QUEUE_LEN	10		/* Limit ring entries actually used.  */
> >#define RX_RING_SIZE	32
> >static int max_interrupt_work = 2000;
> >
> >#define TX_RING_SIZE	32
> >#define TX_QUEUE_LEN	30		/* Limit ring entries actually used.  */
> >#define RX_RING_SIZE	64
> >
> >or
> >905B driver at
> >http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linuxdownloads.htm
> >
> >Shinji.
> >------
> >Shinji Sumimoto, Fujitsu Labs
> nothing changed. i have tried following drivers. 3c90x-102 from 3com and
> new 3c59x from Donald Becker where i have done changes as You said. with
> both drivers the same crash ( i described it earlier ) occurs.

Sometime ago I have tried SCore with 3c905B and I have the same problem.
What is interesting the problem occured only on some cards.
Other cards that had different firmware revision number (I have checked
it with lspci) worked fine. Unfortunatelly I haven't solve this problem :-(

With kernel version 2.2 compiling 3c59x driver statically have helped
in some situations.

--
Rafal Metkowski <rafmet at mat.uni.torun.pl>
Registered Linux User # 169641