[SCore-users] (no subject)

Shinji Sumimoto s-sumi at flab.fujitsu.co.jp
Thu Aug 1 14:34:35 JST 2002

From: neural_shock at e-mail.ru
Subject: Re: [SCore-users] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:17:23 +0400
neural_shock> >neural_shock> >Shinji Sumimoto, Fujitsu Labs
neural_shock> >neural_shock>
neural_shock> >neural_shock> 1. 3com pci 3c905b cyclone 100baseTx. driver by Donald
neural_shock> Becker and others (
neural_shock> >neural_shock> www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html )
neural_shock> >
neural_shock> >Is the 3c59x driver included in SCore kernel? or the driver that you
neural_shock> download.
neural_shock> >
neural_shock> >Sometimes 3c905b NIC makes toubles on 2.4 kernel.
neural_shock> >
neural_shock> >If you have another types NIC, such as eepro100, could you try it?
neural_shock> >
neural_shock> >neural_shock> 2. chipset is PIIX4 revision 1.
neural_shock> >
neural_shock> >neural_shock> 3. sorry. but i do not know exact name of motherboard. i
neural_shock> cannot find
neural_shock> >neural_shock> documentation on computers and system blocks are locked.
neural_shock> >
neural_shock> >Shinji.
neural_shock> >------
neural_shock> >Shinji Sumimoto, Fujitsu Labs
neural_shock>
neural_shock> it is driver from 2.4.18-2SCORE kernel.
neural_shock> unfortunately no. i have no other cards. and why do you think, that problem
neural_shock> is in card driver? everything works fine in most cases.

Because PM/Ethernet uses device driver heavyly to increase
performance, some un-stable driver causes problems.

Actually, our other user same met same situations, but we do not have
3C905B, so we do not have test the NIC.

Could you test the other driver
http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html

chage
static int max_interrupt_work = 20;
#define TX_RING_SIZE	16
#define TX_QUEUE_LEN	10		/* Limit ring entries actually used.  */
#define RX_RING_SIZE	32
static int max_interrupt_work = 2000;

#define TX_RING_SIZE	32
#define TX_QUEUE_LEN	30		/* Limit ring entries actually used.  */
#define RX_RING_SIZE	64

or
905B driver at
http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linuxdownloads.htm