[SCore-users] Gigabit ethernet

Shinji Sumimoto s-sumi at flab.fujitsu.co.jp
Wed Apr 24 15:52:40 JST 2002

Hi.

PM/Ethernet does not depend on Ethernet NIC and Switch Hardware.
However, communication performance on PM/Ethernet (of course TCP/IP)
is depend on NIC hardware.

NICs: We have tested SCore on Syskonnect SK98xx, Intel PRO/1000T(XT),
     Brordcom 57xx based(such as 3Com996, Syskonnect 9Dxx), PacketEngines
     G-NIC II, and NS DP83820 based NICs.

     At the point of communication performance view, we recommend the Intel
     PRO/1000T(XT) and Syskonnect SK98xx (not 9Dxx).

Switches:
     Most of Gigabit Ethernet Switches can be used on SCore.
     We have tested our system on Summit 7i (32 port 1000BASE/SX).

How many number of cluster nodes are you planning to build?

Shinji.