[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] new Cluster

Atsushi HORI hori @ allinea.com
2008年 3月 17日 (月) 22:44:02 JST

Hi, Paul,

On 2008/03/17, at 19:04, Paul Kröher wrote:

> we are planning a new small cluster with 16 nodes with two quad-
> core-CPUs per node.

Sounds good.

> We tend to use Infiniband. Is this currently supported or what
> network you suggest to use?

Currently Ethernet and Myrinet (2)XP are supported in SCore 6 which
is the current version. Infiniband, Myrinet10G as well as Ethernet
will be supported in upcoming SCore 7 which is scheduled to be
released in this year.

> Which controllers are working fine?

We usually recommend to use the Intel E1000 NIC for best performance.

> Currently Intel an AMD offers 4-Core-CPUs. Which CPU-type you
> suggest to use?

We are aware of a performance problem with SCore 6 and earlier
versions when the number of cores are 4 or above. This problem will
also be fixed in SCore 7.