[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Installation Problem with rsh

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2005年 2月 15日 (火) 09:41:45 JST

In article <46464.131.130.40.20.1108398453.squirrel @ mail.fh-stpoelten.ac.at> si011015 @ fh-stpoelten.ac.at wrotes:
> I am installing SCore at the moment. Is it necessary that the compute
> hosts allow rsh by root without prompting for a password?

If your probrem is following, SCore is not used this feature:
    # rsh compute_host                 (A)

If you cannot use following line without password, you may not use
scout by root, and you don't use scrun and mpirun by root and SCore-D multi
user mode:
    # rsh compute_host date            (B)

But you run scoutd on the all compute hosts,
you can use scout (and scrun, mpirun by root and SCore-D multi user mode).
(Note that you can use ssh instead of rsh with rpmtest, rsh-all and
some command to set SCORE_RSH environment variable.)

> My rsh works fine for normal users, but rsh by root prompts for a
> password, and I don not know how to fix it. How can I fix it?

If you want to use (B), please check ~root/.rhosts and /etc/securetty.
rsh don't look /etc/hosts.equiv file for root, so ~root/.rhosts is
nessesary for rsh.
If  ~root/.rhosts is not found please copy /etc/securetty to ~/.rhosts:
    # cp /etc/securetty ~/.rhosts
And please add rsh in /etc/securetty file on the compute hosts.
    # echo rsh >> /etc/securetty

If you want to use (A), rsh execute rlogin, so you must set rlogin setting.
If normal user can execute (A) without password and you can use (B),
please add rlogin to /etc/securetty on the compute hosts:
    # echo rlogin >> /etc/securetty

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa