[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Reduce number of nodes

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2004年 11月 30日 (火) 12:19:00 JST

In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0411301119230.30354-100000 @ hlhp1.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp> lalith @ hlhp1.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp wrotes:
> Is it possible to reduce the number of computers temporarily?. We would
> like to change the number of computers depending on the computational
> demand. If this is possible, please, guide me. We are running SCore
> Version: 5.2.0 in single user mode.

When the users don't use scout, please execute as following:
1. Please add hostnames that you want to shutdown in the following file:
    /opt/score/etc/scorehosts.defects
2. please exec following command to reload scorehosts:
   # /etc/rc.d/init.d/scoreboard restart
3. You can shutdown these hosts.

Please see also scoreboard manual:
    http://www.pccluster.org/score/dist/score-5.2.0/html/en/man/man8/scoreboard.html