[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] help: SCore-D Test Procedure warning

Atsushi HORI hori @ swimmy-soft.com
2004年 3月 5日 (金) 09:53:03 JST

Hi,

>I open the directory of "/var/scored/".there are not the files of
>"/multiuser"and"/singleuser". Then I think the SCORE-D has not been
>installed on my server.I want to ask:

>1.does this warning mean my SCORE-D has not been installed?

No. SCore-D "properly" installed. The /var/scored directory must
exists on "compute host", not server host.

The warning message "<0> SCORE-D:WARNING Unable to change directory
.." says that SCore-D tries to move (change) current directory to
where the scrun command is invoked but the directory does not exists
on the compute hosts, so SCore-D sets the current directory to the
SCore-D working directory (/var/scored).

>(3)If the warnings above are not importmant,I test the procedure of
>"Demonstrations".But the result window is only displayed on one
>host,nothing happened on the other host .
>The list of what I executed and what were displayed are as follows:
>
>[root @ score1 root]# xhost +
>access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
>[root @ score1 root]# scout -g pcc
>SCOUT: Spawning done.
>SCOUT: session started.
>[root @ score1 root]# scrun -nodes=2 /opt/score/demo/bin/mandel
>SCore-D 5.6.0 connected.
><0:0> SCORE: 2 nodes (2x1) ready.
>_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host score1.ustb.cn
>Warning: Tried to connect to session manager, Could not open network socket
>Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
>:: -size 320x240 -re 0.000000 -im 0.000000 -radius 2.000000
>end: 0 sec 163 msec 598 usec

This is not relevant problem to the sbove your question. I supposed
that your X server on the server host is NOT properly configured (or
X window server is not running).

----
Atsushi HORI
Swimmy Software, Inc.