[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] Re: scrun and dynamically linked executable

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2004年 6月 21日 (月) 20:34:03 JST

In article <00e801c45470$7c936000$1c11a8c0 @ moloss> "laurent duhem" <laurent.duhem @ esi-group.com> wrotes:
> Thanks for your prompt support.
> I am though a bit puzzled with your answer.
> > Is there a way to tell compute nodes where to look for dynamic
> dependencies?
> Please edit /etc/ld.so.conf on the compute hosts.
>
> Fine.
>
> So I need root credential if I want to run applications linked against
> dynamic libraries on a Score Cluster !!
>
> What is more, what if names of dynamic libraries are the same from one
> application to another, or worse from one application to the system ?
>
> Example : my application has a dynamic library named libuser.so. How can =
> configure compute nodes then ? (/usr/lib/libuser.so is part of Linux
> distrib).

On SCore 5.6, this program cannot run.

> I can only figure out to write into the executable where to look for =
> dynamic
> dependencies (-rpath or equivalent), but in this case my product will =
> have
> to install always in a fixed location !!
>
> =20
>
> If everything I say is true (I am waiting for you to prove me I am wrong
> :-)), do you really think this is an acceptable industrial behaviour, =
> for
> big software editors ?.
>
> What is more, Score 5.4 did export LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so why this =
> regression?.

On SCore 5.4 and older, scrun program is statically linked.
But the scrun cause segment falt on redhat 8 and use netgroup.
So on SCore 5.6, scrun link dynamically.
But on redhat 7.3 or before LD_LIBRARY_PATH unexport setuid and dynamic link
program.
So On redhat 7.3 and SCore 5.4, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is exported.
But redhat 8.0 or SCore 5.6, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not exported.

We will exported LD_LIBRARY_PATH again on next release.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa