[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] features mentioned .. + further questions

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu @ iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
2004年 2月 18日 (水) 02:25:05 JST

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, David Werner wrote:

> my thought was to give the user the chance
> to start those jobs on these nodes.

You can first start scout on those nodes and SCoreD in the scout
session.

> Another feature I awfully miss is to extend or or shrink
> a cluster in its number of running nodes without
> interrupting jobs on nodes which are not affected, i.e.
> not having a restart at all.

This can be solved in a different way again with scout. If you get new
nodes, start a new scout session on them. If you want to take away
some nodes, only the scout session that is running on those nodes will
have to be stopped. This is very similar to the way a queueing system
interacts with SCore.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu @ IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De