[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] pmGetMulticastBuffer & ethernet

Shinji Sumimoto s-sumi @ flab.fujitsu.co.jp
2004年 12月 21日 (火) 10:01:01 JST

Hi.

From: Rafal Metkowski <rafmet @ mat.uni.torun.pl>
Subject: [SCore-users] pmGetMulticastBuffer & ethernet
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:20:35 +0100

rafmet>
rafmet> Hello,
rafmet>
rafmet> when I try to use pmGetMulticastBuffer I get:
rafmet> Function not implemented(38)
rafmet>
rafmet> Are there any plans to implement this function ?

Currently, there is no plan to implement the pmGetMulticastBuffer on
Ethernet, because there is less performance effect in comparison with
the complication of the implementation.

PMv2 provides reliable communication, so the only sending messages are
good for Ethernet, however the sender node must maintain whether a
message has reached multiple destinations.

I think the advantage of the pmGetMulticastBuffer appears in the
number of nodes in which the send costs are relatively high in
comparison with the maintainance costs of ACKs.

If you have the application the pmGetMulticastBuffer takes effect,
please let me know.

Shinji.
------
Shinji Sumimoto, Fujitsu Labs