[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] pThreads

Nick Birkett nick ¡÷ streamline-computing.com
2004ǯ 12·î 6Æü (·î) 18:01:05 JST

Dear Score users, I have patched Score 5.6.1 according to the
instructions on the pccluster FAQ page and recompiled using the Intel
8 compiler.

Using Intel 8.1 one of our users gets a Network Freezing error over
pm-ethernet  which we cannot get with any other code we tried.

The user's code is using Intel Math kernel library 7.0.1 and is linked
with -lpthread (system Pthread library) and running SCore 5.6.1 on
RedHat 9.

Could this be a thread safe issue with Score with the intel 8 patches
(normally Score is pthread safe but not sure about this with Intel 8) ?

We will try upgrading to Score 5.8.1.

Best wishes,

Nick