[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Backfilling in Score

Atsushi HORI hori @ swimmy-soft.com
2003年 9月 25日 (木) 10:02:39 JST

Hi,

>Now I am using SCORE in Linux Cluster and getting the results.
>I found one strange thing.
>Score looks like doing backfilling in SCORE.
>I didn't use PBS.
>So, doest Score support backfilling?

No, SCore does NOT support backfilling, but DOES support Gang
Scheduling, which is a time sharing scheduling on a cluster. In
backfilling and gang scheduling, the latter submitted job can be
scheduled before the previous job terminates. But this can happen
only when some conditions are met in backfilling. In gang scheduling,
any jobs are scheduled when they are submitted, just because gang
scheduling is a kinf of time scheduling. But of course, when multiple
jobs are scheduled in gang scheduling, their execution speeds get
slower according to the number of jobs simultaneously running. This
scheduling behaviour is the same as in Unix or Linux.

----
Atsushi HORI
Swimmy Software, Inc.