[SCore-users-jp] AW: AW: [SCore-users] Some probs when installing IBM HS20 Blades (Bla decenter) Linux Re dHat 7.3 engl. -Problem fixed!!!

André Motzkus Motzkus @ ifr.de
2003年 9月 12日 (金) 19:02:07 JST

Hi @ all,

thanxx to anybody was trying to help fixing my HS20 Blade problem.

The solution:

add the following lines in the pcitable oft 1Gig-Ethernet Node Bootdisk:

0x14e4	0x16a7	"bcm5700"	"Broadcom Corporation|NetXtreme BCM5703
Gigabit
Ethernet"
0x14e4	0x16c7	"bcm5700"	"Broadcom Corporation|NetXtreme BCM5703
Gigabit
Ethernet"

Thats the trick !
After change, it ´ll works fine!
No new bcm5700.o Driver, no modification of the mod-info needed!

So the EIT also works with the newer generation of broadcom´s 5703 nic´s

Dear SCore team,
I would ask you to add this lines in your floppy boot image,
so it´s more compatible with braodcom´s nic´s....

But another prob, maybe it´s easy to fix:

After installing all Node images on the HS20 Blade-clients,
i was rebooting all clients and got the following error:

*******************
-> MOUNTING NFS FILE System:Mount can´t get address for
master01.ifr1.com [FAILED]
( e.g. :it´s the master server)

-> Starting sshd Generating ssh1 RSA host key [FAILED]

-> Starting console mouse service : keyboard timeout - AT-Keyboard not
present?(f4) [FAILED]

The screen shows "comp01 login:"

But local keyboard doesn´t work, no input possible.

Please don´t ask me using the right keyboard connector, of course i did
;o)

Anybody an idea?

Thanxx,

André