[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Some probs when installing IBM HS20 Blades (Bladecenter) Linux Re dHat 7.3 engl.

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2003年 9月 4日 (木) 09:14:50 JST

In article <76970123516DD611B30300105A66B2A80AA33F @ IFRSERVER01> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Motzkus?= <Motzkus @ ifr.de> wrotes:
> (I was creating the boot floppy (using Read Hat 7.3).
> When i come to the point for Installing the cluster hosts,
> ive got some trouble.
>
> when i was trying to boot the first HS20 Blade, it stops with
> the following message:
>
> "No dhcp server specified. Used broadcast
> SIOCSIFADDR: no such device

I think SCore boot floppy dose not find any ethernet device.

> Ive used the GigEthernet-Driver(e1000, bcm5700)
> (the Blades have a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Interface)

Do you select "1Gbps_Ethernet" when Select Boot Network Device window?
Please look at following page arroun figure 14:
    http://www.pccluster.org/score/dist/score/html/en/installation/eit.html

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa