[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Fwd: problem launching some jobs

Atsushi HORI hori @ swimmy-soft.com
2003年 5月 7日 (水) 09:59:55 JST

Hi,

>Basically, the only strange output is in the .e file which specifies:
>
>SCOUT: bind: Address already in use.
>
>The code does not get launched.

I checked the code and I wonder how this could happen.

Well, I checked source code and I found that the message is output by
the scout program.

The scout program opens a UNIX (not INET) socket to which scout
commands in the scout environment connect. The path name is
associated with PID and the UNIX socket is unlink()ed and then opened
(created), and unlink()ed again when the scout environment
terminates. Sometimes obsolete socket(s) can be found in the /tmp
directory.

So, I wonder how the message can be output .... Maybe, it is worth to
try to delete /tmp/scout* files before submitting SGE jobs. But, be
sure that nobody else is using scout environemnt at that time, unless
the user in a scout environment can not do the scout command any more.

----
Atsushi HORI
Swimmy Software, Inc.