[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] SCORE_RSH and use of ssh instead of rsh

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu @ iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
2003年 3月 28日 (金) 20:55:01 JST

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 kameyama @ pccluster.org wrote:

> scout is not worked SCORE_RSH, because scout use rsh to inter-compute hosts.
> For example, if you want to scout to 4 hosts (comp0, comp1, comp2, comp3),

OK, but what about setting SSH to use HostbasedAuthentication or
RhostsRSAAuthentication and have ssh_known_hosts which contains keys for
all nodes distributed to all nodes in the cluster; then you can make a ssh
connection from any node to any node, so the scout scheme should work.
I do have here a non-SCore cluster that is configured like that - rsh is
no longer installed.

> If scout use SCORE_RSH, you cannot use ssh-agent to execute scout.

The idea above doesn't use ssh-agent. It's just ssh on client side and
sshd on server side.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu @ IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De