[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Help: using D-Link Gigabit NIC DGE-550T

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2003年 6月 19日 (木) 17:03:00 JST

In article <00a601c33636$9dea7cb0$1a00a8c0 @ goofy> "Huiqun Zhou" <hqzhou @ nju.edu.cn> wrotes:
> Just want to clarify one thing further. Do you mean that if I want to modify or
> add a new NIC driver
> into Linux kernel, I must compile it together with the relevant Score source cod
> e as you indicated?

Yes.
Linux kernel module binary includes kernel vereion number
(For example SCopre 5.4.0  2.4.19-1SCORE or 2.4.19-1SCOREsmp).
So you must compile kernel modules with kernel include files what you want.

> Put question in another way, does Score have its own changed NIC drivers, or just
> talk to the NIC drivers embedded in Linux?

Basically, SCore use original NIC driver.

But we change some NIC drivers because PM/Ethernet is not worked
or have performance problem with these drivers.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa