[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] Intel 7.0 compiler support with mpich-1.2.4

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2003年 2月 12日 (水) 09:24:59 JST

In article <20030211.204616.607958486.s-sumi @ bd6.so-net.ne.jp> Shinji Sumimoto <s-sumi @ bd6.so-net.ne.jp> wrotes:
> francois.courteille> 3/I would like to have your advice about the following:
> francois.courteille>     we were trying to read hdw performance counters.
> francois.courteille>  For that we tried to install the kernel patch perfctr-2
> .4.5.tar.gz  which
> francois.courteille> is required to use lperfex but we got an error message w
> hen trying to
> francois.courteille> generate a new kernel.
> francois.courteille> (See appendix below - apparently their is an irq usage c
> onflict with score)
> francois.courteille>
> francois.courteille> Have you an idea how to fix this problem ?
>
> Is the patch is for original linux kernel, or some distibution? SCore
> 5.2 kernel is besed on 2.4.18, however some function such as ACPI is
> added.

SCore 5.2 kernel is based on 2.4.18 + IA64 patch.
(ACPI is added by IA 64 patch)
So some files are changed for original kernel by IA64 patch,
some patch for IA32 original kernel is failed.
If you want to use perfctr on SCore 5.4,
please apply original 2.4.18 kernel and linux2.4.18_minimal.patch
(score.rpm directory in SCore 5.2 CD-ROM).

On SCore 5.4, we separate IA32 kernel and IA64 kernel.
The kernel patch will be provide two files, for IA32 and for IA64.
IA32 kernel based on original 2.4.19.
IA64 kernel based on original 2.4.19 + IA64 patch.
IA64 kernel patch include IA64 patch.
So you will be install perfctr patch on SCore 5.4 (IA32) kernel.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa