[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Questions about Score scheduling scheme

Atsushi HORI hori @ swimmy-soft.com
2003年 4月 30日 (水) 13:05:59 JST

Hi,

>1. It would be natural if another job with priority 0 would go to a
>node where there
>is no job with priority 0 running. This is not the case with
>Score-5.4.0. For example,
>if the execution of job0 running with priority 0 depends on the
>output of job1 starting
>later with priority 0 and the job1 is scheduled to the node where
>job0 is already running we
>have a deadlock problem.

If job1 is depending on job0, or job1 should be started after the
completion of job0, then you have to declare the dependency, just
like the following way

% scrun -nodes=XX job0 :: job1

>2.  If we further play with renicing (sc_console nice command) the
>command becomes
>effective only when the process is suspended/resumed. Is this a
>feature or a bug?

I suppose you are running SCore-D with longer time slice than the
default. If this is true, then this is the feature.

>3. For some time we were considering
>checkpointing/aborting/restarting but the operation fails
>with the messages:

How did you trigger checkpinting ?

----
Atsushi HORI