[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] SCORE_RSH and use of ssh instead of rsh

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2003年 4月 1日 (火) 10:19:24 JST

In article <200303311922.h2VJMlL17241 @ fritz.dam.brown.edu> "C. Evangelinos" <ce107 @ dam.brown.edu> wrotes:
> >>But if you run scoutd on compute hosts,
> >>scout use scoutd insted of rshd.
> >>So you may stop rshd on compute hosts.
>
> Kameyama's solution with scoutd unfortunately does not seem to work. I
> have scout daemons running on my nodes (as described) and irrespective
> of whether I use the -g groupname argument or the -f hostfile argument
> scout appears to fail to connect to it and then try to use rsh. Is
> there anything more to this than the little info in the documentation?

If you want to use scoutd with -g option, you must set SCBDSERV environment
variable to access scoreboard.
(If you set this variable to /etc/score.conf, /etc/rc.d/init.d/scoutd
read this file.)
If you want to use -f option, this host must be official name.

In both case, you must add the host to run scout command in the group or file.

If you check scoutd, you can use sceptic.
For example:
    server% ceptic -v -g pcc
    comp3.pccluster.org: OK
    comp2.pccluster.org: OK
    comp1.pccluster.org: OK
    comp0.pccluster.org: scping FAILED
    comp0.pccluster.org: OK
    All host responding.
    server%
This means comp0 don't access scoutd from server, but rsh iis ok.

Also you can use scping to more daatail.
    server% scping  comp0.pccluster.org
    Connection closed.
This meaqns, scout is running, but you can't access via server.
    server% scping  comp0.pccluster.org
    Unable to make connection.
This means scoutd is not running.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa