[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] PM ethernet device already opened.

John Uhlmann u9915240 @ student.anu.edu.au
2002年 10月 24日 (木) 11:38:04 JST

kameyama @ pccluster.org wrote:

> In article <3DB6A7EA.D869AE5E @ student.anu.edu.au> John Uhlmann <u9915240 @ student.anu.edu.au> wrotes:
> > Unfortunately, I have encountered another problem.  I share my cluster
> > with a lot of other users and getting nodes rebooted causes difficulty.
> > Currently whenever I try to run something in the scout environment I
> > discover that the PM ethernet devices on my nodes are already opened.
> > I've restarted the pm_ethernet service on each node and rebooted the
> > server to no avail.
>
> > Is there a way I can fix this without a reboot?
>
> Please check scoreboard server and msgbserv.
> Or please use scored multi user mode.

I've rebooted the server (and hence restarted scoreboard and msgbserv)
and I still can't run anything from the scout environment - including
scored.  The nodes are reporting (or is it the server daemons doing the
reporting?) that their pm_ethernet devices are already open.

> If all user shared same scoreboard server (specified SCBDSERV environment
> variable) and scoreboard set to msgbserv entry,
> msgbserv locks the host when the user is running scout or SCore program,
> and other scout and scrun program don't run.
> (If you run msgb, you can known who use this nodes.)

[root @ server score]# scout -g pcc
SCOUT: Spawning done.
SCOUT: session started.
[root @ server score]# scored
<1> SCore-D:WARNING PM ethernet/ethernet device already opened.
<1> SCore-D:ERROR No PM device opened.
<2> SCore-D:WARNING PM ethernet/ethernet device already opened.
<0> SCore-D:WARNING PM ethernet/ethernet device already opened.
<0> SCore-D:ERROR No PM device opened.
<2> SCore-D:ERROR No PM device opened.
<3> SCore-D:WARNING PM ethernet/ethernet device already opened.
<3> SCore-D:ERROR No PM device opened.

I'm the only user currently using the system so I know that nobdy else
is in a scout environment and is running jobs, but I've previous been in
a scout environment when the server wasn't configured correctly and
managed had a very unclean exit from an attempted job submission and
ever since the PM devices are being reported as in use.  What I'd like
to do is close these devices without a reboot so I can start scored.

Thanks,

John