[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] newbie deployment question ...

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2002年 10月 24日 (木) 09:33:45 JST

In article <200210230737.g9N7bD502677 @ emilepc.ess.nec.fr> Emile CARCAMO <emile.carcamo @ nec.fr> wrotes:
> 	I've read the "Hardware Information for Installation of
> 	SCore" on the pccluster.org WEB site. So, I'm quite sure
> 	there's no possibility to deploy Score 5.0.1 on a client
> 	without a built-in Ethernet board but a PCMCIA card mo-
> 	dule instead, right ?

Right.
We don't test PCMCIA card.

> 	But is there any workaround based on hacking a kickstart
> 	boot script somewhere ?? I've seen some files under :
>
> 	    /opt/score5.0.0/setup/RedHat/instimage/compconf
>
> 	that are looking like kickstart syntax so I was just won-
> 	dering if that sounds doable ??

This is kickstart file to install compute hosts.
If you insert boot floppy that created by EIT,
the host is booted linux and get IP address and some information from eitd.
And mount
     /opt/score/setup/RedHat/instimage
and
    /mnt/cdrom
on server host.
And access to kickstart file in
      /opt/score/setup/RedHat/instimage/compconf
and start install using anaconda NFS methord.

So boot floppy include at least NIC driver and nfs modules.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa