[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] MPI and PM at the same time

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu @ iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
2002年 10月 14日 (月) 17:03:56 JST

Dear SCore developers,

It seems that my work of porting ARMCI to SCore is still not sufficient
for getting the best performance, as ARMCI is using two communication
"channels", one through MPI and another one through a socket. On our
Myrinet based setup, having such a hybrid program is bad, as the socket
communication becomes a bottleneck. The only solution seems to be to have
a native port of ARMCI on top on PM (or maybe SCASH), but which will still
need to use MPI sometimes. Because of this, I'll probably bug you with
some questions during the next few days/weeks...

So, I'm trying to get both MPI and PM routines from SCore to work together
in the same program, but so far I failed. I've seen that most of
PM-related routines need a "context" to work with; however, after calling
MPI_Init (which calls score_initialize), there is already a context (and
only one, cf. score_num_pmnet) that seems to have a NULL ->device. Is it
safe to use the same context for other (non-MPI) operations ? If not, how
do I get another context ? Do I need to open a device (PM_COMPOSITE) and
get a context on it and if so how do I know that is the same device that
is used by MPI ? (My original idea was to get score_pmnet[0]->device and
obtain another context on it, but it's NULL...)

Thank you in advance!

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu @ IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De