[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] gigabit/trunking

Nick Birkett nrcb @ streamline-computing.com
2002年 5月 16日 (木) 15:18:41 JST

Hi - we have been installing SCore primarily with Myrinet 2000.

We would like to hear of any experiences of users with the following
equipment:

(1) Trunked ethernet using eepro100 fast ethernet cards ?
(2) Gigagbit ?
(3) Has anyone tried network trunking using gigabit (expenive for switches I know!!)
i.e 2 gigabit cards per host as an alternative to Myrinet2000 ?

As regards gigabit, the cheapest equipment is the eepro1000 copper base card.
The kernel driver in the 2.4.18 SCORE-5.0.0 kernel is Intel  4.0.7 I think, so maybe ok with this.
I know early versions of e1000 had lockup problems using copper card. Maybe
the latest Intel version is better ( >= 4.1.7). I think Shinji Sumimoto did not
recommend copper cards in the past, but maybe it is better with newer driver.

Has anyone got an automatic tool for tuning the maxsend and backoff values for pm/ethernet and trunked network,
I couldn't find one in the Score 5 documentation ?

Thanks,

Nick