[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] mpirun/scrun error

Bernd Hartke hartke @ phc.uni-kiel.de
2002年 6月 28日 (金) 03:00:25 JST

Dear score users,
   I have a cluster with the SCore system. I did all the tests described
in the documentation, section installation guide, subsection system test,
listed under scout test procedure and pm test procedure (scorehosts,
sceptic, scout commands, and various rpmtest trials, and the stress test
with scstest), without detecting any errors. So, it seems to me that
the hardware, its interconnection, and the basic SCore intercommunication
seems to work (?).

But there is something wrong with application programs, compiled with
mpif77, mpif90, or mpicc. When I try to run a simple mpi program (e.g. the
cpi.c example program or the Fortran equivalent of it (taken from the
Gropp/Lusk/Skjellum book "Using MPI")), I reprocibly get the following
error message:

<8> ULT: Exception Signal (11)

without anything else happening; then the system appears to "hang",
and I can get out of it only with Ctrl-C and by quitting the scout
environment.

I have no clue where this error message could come from.
What is going wrong here?

Best regards,
Bernd Hartke

---
Prof. Dr. Bernd Hartke             e-mail: hartke @ phc.uni-kiel.de
Theoretical Chemistry              phone : +49-431-880-2753
Institute for Physical Chemistry   fax   : +49-431-880-1758
University of Kiel                 http://www.theochem.uni-stuttgart.de/~hartke
Olshausenstrasse 40
24098 Kiel
GERMANY