[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] suspending jobs

Atsushi HORI hori @ swimmy-soft.com
2002年 6月 15日 (土) 10:24:05 JST

Hi, Nick,

How is everything going ?

>Can I send SIGSTOP/SIGCONT to a process to suspend / resume say a
>SCore PBS job  or is this only possible in multi-user mode ?

If you send a SIGTSTP (not SIGSTOP) or SIGCONT signal to the scrun
process, then the parallel job will be suspended or resumed,
regardless to the scheduling mode.

# this is what I try to program and I believe it works :-)

If you send SIGSTOP, however, then only the scrun process is
suspended, because, in Linux (and Unix), there is no way to catch the
SIGSTOP signal.

So tha problem is how can you send SIGTSTP/SIGCONT in a batch job
scheduler.

----
Atsushi HORI
Swimmy Software, Inc.