[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] SCore-installation

master.of.brainless.things @ gmx.net master.of.brainless.things @ gmx.net
2002年 6月 14日 (金) 21:21:26 JST

We've just installed SCcore 5.0.1 on our cluster:
8 dual Pentium4, ethernet (100mbit) and myrinet2k linked,
1 frontend-machine (RedHat7.2), only ethernet linked with the nodes via
switch.

We've installed SCore on the frontend and installed 4 nodes via the
bootdisk. That works fine, although the SCore-manual didn't tell anything
about, that it would partiton the disk and install RedHat itself. (A hint
for the SCore team: eit don't know hd's with more than 20Gb, so we had to
manipulate the corresponding script).

1. problem:
First got some problemswith myrineth, but editing the pm-myrineth.conf
solves them.
Then we ran the myrineth test-routines till the stress test, and the
troubleshooting didn't solve the problem.We haven't an idea, why!?

2. problem:
We tried to run the ./hello example program (i think from MPI) and got
following error message:
"...SCore-D: Error no full coverage network" 4 times, because running on 4
Ethernet works, and myrinet2k should work.

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks,

Alex Golks
student, "cluster-assistent"