[SCore-users-jp] [SCore-users] Experience with Express5800's running SCore

kameyama @ pccluster.org kameyama @ pccluster.org
2002年 7月 23日 (火) 10:35:32 JST

In article <200207220857.g6M8vBD03828 @ emilepc.ess.nec.fr> Emile CARCAMO <emile.carcamo @ nec.fr> wrotes:
> 	I'm experiencing some problems in deployment of kernel version
> 	2.4.18-1SCORE on NEC Express5800 rack mounted PC's (120RB1 model,
> 	processor is PIII 1266MHz).
>
> 	Running EIT from the master and remote-installation via kickstart
> 	works PERFECTLY. The main problem is booting 2.4.18 from the hard
> 	drive (machine hangs during linux load just after displaying few
> 	dots). I also tried a cold install of RedHat 7.3 but same trouble
> 	occured (booting from a 3.5' floppy is always okay, but NOT from
> 	the hard drive!).

How many root partition size do you set?
If you seting large root partition (over 1024 cylinder),
boot loader may not access kernel code.

                       from Kameyama Toyohisa