[SCore-users-jp] Re: [SCore-users] Interconnects

Shinji Sumimoto s-sumi @ flab.fujitsu.co.jp
2002年 8月 19日 (月) 11:50:36 JST

Hi.

From: "Ringdahl, Dwight (WebUseNet)" <ringdahl @ usenetserver.com>
Subject: [SCore-users] Interconnects
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:12:39 -0400

ringdahl> Has anyone looked at using an interconnect of Fiber Channel, like the 1gb or
ringdahl> 2gb stuff coming out?
ringdahl>
ringdahl> Seems that it would be much better than a GigE interconnect due to the lower
ringdahl> overhead of the interrupts.

Currently, communication latency (1/2 RTT) of PM/Ethernet using
Gigabit Ethernet is around 12 usec without switch, (BW is around
120MB/s). (Of course, this depands on NIC hardware.)  The
communication latency (1/2 RTT) of PM/Myrinet on Myrinet2000 is around
5 usec (PCI64B), (BW is around 240MB/s).

Do you have performance data on 2gb Fiber Channel?

How much Fiber Channel NIC and Switch? I think if we can buy large
port switch (over 64 ports) easily (cheap), it will be used on PC
cluster.

------
Shinji Sumimoto, Fujitsu Labs